5 September 2015

All rights may be all right (And what to do when they're not)

When I was recently invited to guest-blog for a software technology company, I was in seventh heaven. "We would love to have you contribute to our blog," said the manager. "You are a very experienced writer and we are always looking for truly creative and informative content. I’ve read some of your material and I think your type of work would be great for us. I need someone with a technical background who understands how to reach out to our audience of techies." The gig promised regular lucrative work and I couldn't wait to start.

Until I read the contract.
 

"We would need sole publishing rights...

Read the full article in the September 2015 issue of Writing World

or

Request to read the original article via email for just 99p! (T&C apply)


2070 words
Nonfiction

US publication

***********************

Words from the Wise

"I like the piece... Wow, this is great! I love the negotiating strategies."
Moira Allen
Publisher
Writing World
 

No comments:

Post a Comment